Week 1 Reflection

 My senior project is interning with Willsey Connections. My project consists of interviewing a select group of high school and college age girls, who are a part of coaching with either my mentor Pam or her partner Vanessa. My three goals are to interview 10-15 girls. To create art from the common themes that emerge from my interviewing. And lastly create three blog posts on my finding from the interviews and posting these blogs to Willsey Connections. My hope is my work will raise more awareness to how important coaching is. 


I started my senior project on May 8th. I try to start each day by checking in with my mentor Pam whether that's a call in the morning or afternoon, this time with Pam I use to check in and set goals for the week or that day specifically. My first day I made a list of questions for my interviews. That same day I also created a form in case some of the girls didn’t want to do a virtual interview. I finished my first day researching consent forms and learning what a proper consent form looks like for the interviews, as well as writing an email to potential girls I was going to interview. My second day I did a lot of editing to prepare the consent form and email to be sent out that same day. Day three I woke up to so many girls wanting to participate and find a time to do an interview, this was very exciting that so many girls wanted to help! I did a lot of scheduling this day and emailing. Day four was very similar to day three as I did a lot more organizing and scheduling times to meet and ended my day sending out a reminder email to sign up for an interview. Day five is when all my scheduling and organizing came in hand, as I had my first interview! It was so interesting to talk to someone with such a similar mindset. To finish my day five I had a second interview. Day six was on a Saturday. I usually won’t work on Saturdays but I am in a bit of a crunch to finish my interviews so I can stay on track to have enough time to finish my other goals. This interview took around 45 minutes and for the rest of the time I edited her notes after the interview. Overall this week was very busy but super fun I really am enjoying what I am learning! 


Right now I am on track with 30 hours for week one. I made a goal to be done with interviewing by Monday May 15th. But it seems like I will have to do interviews till about Wednesday next week to have enough information. This is okay that I am not exactly on point with the goal, as I know how busy these girls are this time of year. And the interviews will definitely be completed by the end of next week. These week's activities set me up perfectly to finish interviews next week and begin writing. Doing interviews this week is helping to accomplish goal number one10-15 interviews, and by completing this goal I can move on to goal number two writing my blogs. My goals for next week are to finish up interviews so I can begin writing my blogs!    



 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts